Alliance for Coastal technologies
ACT is a partnership of research institutions, resource managers, and private sector companies dedicated to fostering the development and adoption of effective and reliable sensors and platforms for use in coastal, freshwater and ocean environments.
– Transition emerging technologies to operational use rapidly and effectively
– Maintain a dialogue among technology users, developers, and providers
– Identify technology needs and novel technologies
– Document technology performance and potential
– Provide a foundation for the US Integrated Ocean Observing System
- January, 2015
- ACT and several partners are accepting applications for a Performance Verification of ballast water compliance monitoring tools.
- December, 2014
- Nurrients Sensor Challenge is underway to accelerate the development of new affordable technologies.
- September, 2014
- ACT release workshop report on Chesapeake Bay Acidification: Towards a Research and Monitoring Strategy
- New Radiation measurement category added under the physical section
Now over 240 meteorological instruments listed
Seven submersible manufacturers to choose from
- Explore a wide variety of accessories including nets, cables, camera mounts, and more in the hardware section